View Single Post
Old 09-21-2010, 01:32 PM   #6
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Quote:
Originally Posted by lene1949 View Post
One thing that puzzled me was, when Jack tackled the 5 people in/near the house and when there were 2 people left, he took one outside by putting his fingers in the man's eyes... Why didn't that man scream?
On that occasion, it was raining fit to beat the band .... and nothing could be heard above the rain. The occasion where he did the same action in the jail bathroom -- well, that guy DID scream.

I very much liked the basic "cheat" that the bad guys were doing. Bleaching out an item to make another item sounds so clever! Especially since the lead bad guy had previously run afoul of the law for his chemical plant runoff.

I also like the fact that (a) Jack's childhood of moving a lot had made him tough and (b) he then went into the military, where they taught him to be *serious* about it. It gave him some cool defense skills.

I had trouble, though, with his ease in finding the run-away person. Guessing that right seemed awfully far fetched. He should instead have had to go to a library, get all the local phone books, and phoned around to find the correct hotel, before driving there. (Since this was before the internet).

And come on --- a huge pile of loose money? Sure, it sounds cool, and it's necessary for it to be able to burn. But all the remote collections of money would have come in bags or something ... not just tossed loose into a truck! There should have been no need for shoveling it up. Sheesh.....

Last edited by badgoodDeb; 09-21-2010 at 02:53 PM.
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote