View Single Post
Old 01-21-2008, 05:59 AM   #11
SpiderMatt
Grand Arbiter
SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod Touch, Amazon Kindle, Motorola Droid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisa View Post
Personally, I'm a big fan of trees.
Me too!!! Especially when they're in my books! Besides, there are tree farms for things like books. I'm not worried about our tree supply.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ervserver View Post
Maybe there are those with a compulsive disorder who have to have stacks and stacks of books around
No, I hate having stacks of books around. I prefer to have all my books organized in wooden bookshelves so as to use up more trees.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisa View Post
Paper is not permanent enough for me to store those books. Paper gets dusty, stinky and moldy over time. I have old beloved books now that I can't look at for more than a few minutes without getting red-eyed and sneezy.
It should go without saying that you have to take care of your books to keep them from getting "stinky and moldy." That is not an inevitability of paper. And I think paper is far more permanent than electronic books. A simple hard drive crash or file corruption and your books are gone! With more time and money you can continually back up your drives, but it's not an ideal solution.
SpiderMatt is offline   Reply With Quote