View Single Post
Old 08-03-2013, 09:53 PM   #183
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
Has your friend tried setting the calibre convert filter style option?
Convert - Look&Feel - Filter Style Info tab - Other CSS Properties set to line-height. This should remove all line-heights from the epub during the conversion.

I don't use it myself as I prefer the hand-edit approach but, on the same Look&Feel page, I do also have both the Minimum line height and Line Height boxes set to zero as I don't want to risk calibre adding even more unwanted line-heights.

Once all existing line-heights have been removed then a simple
div, p , blockquote {line-height: 1.0}
in the kobo_extra.css file should work for most epubs, with the caveat that Dropcaps and long chapter headings may no longer look too good.
That seems to work okay. I will have to try it on something with drop caps for my own curiousity.

I doubt that my friend cares about drop caps. He only gets 4-5 words per line at the minimum font-size he can read and he would like it larger. Tablet hurts his eyes.

Now I am more confused but probably the heat. Thanks

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote