Thread: First ereader
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2013, 05:34 AM   #21
Ansileran
Zealot
Ansileran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ansileran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ansileran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ansileran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ansileran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ansileran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ansileran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ansileran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ansileran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ansileran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ansileran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Kobo Aura HD, Cybook Odyssey HD
I tried the Kobo mini before Christmas, thinking it would be a good replacement for my (old) PRS-505. The bigger Kobo models weren't available at the store (not to mention any other brand).
  • Size: I guess it's ok for most people but I found it annoying to turn the pages so often. Ok, I already thought my 6" reader was too small
  • Pdf: I read fanfictions, which I download as pdf. To read them on a device this small, you need a pdf reflow capability which this device doesn't have. The seller suggested that there are tools which allow you to reflow your pdfs on your computer before exporting them to your device, that might be good enough if you don't read too many pdfs.
  • Touch only: I don't like putting my fingers on the screen and prefer buttons. But that's just me ^^
  • Speed: it was even slower than my PRS-505...
  • Weight: great! twice as light!
  • Others: case isn't flat so it's harder to put it in a bag without it moving around, no case available (in my store), buggy interface...

Given how light new bigger readers are (only 30g more for the new sony) I don't see what the mini has for itself (apart from being "cute")...
Ansileran is offline   Reply With Quote