Thread: Glo ADE setup problem
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2013, 04:10 PM   #5
tkavan
Groupie
tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
Is there a chance that some of the protected books were downloaded initially via an ADE install that had NOT been registered? ADE can authorize books in two distinct modes.

If you do the initial download of a book to a copy of ADE that has not been registered, then a machine specific ADE ID is created, and that material is not accessible to other machines.

If on the other hand, you have registered ADE before the download, then that same material can be accessed on any other install of ADE associated with the same account.
Thanks for the reply, PeterT.

As far as I can remember I downloaded/installed ADE after I bought my Touch, and had no problems transferring books to the Touch.

The problem started when I bought the Glo a few days ago. I set up the Glo with Kobo Desktop, using the same account info as the Touch, and all was OK. Then I opened ADE, which recognized the Glo and asked me to authorize it. I did so, and the authorization numbers for the Glo and my computer are the same. But I can't transfer books properly to the Glo. Have made several attempts, including a factory reset of the Glo, and a download of the latest version of ADE.

The Glo software is ver 2.3.1 (r45611).
tkavan is offline   Reply With Quote