View Single Post
Old 10-12-2012, 01:26 PM   #39
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Yes, top right of the board.
If you don't have the 3G model, then you might not even have the connector.

Most of my questions were based on the thought that the motherboard had been removed.
If you haven't removed it, then those questions don't matter.

Yes, the frame is fairly ridged, it has to be so the push buttons on the sides can be pushed.

It would be nice to have the serial port connected, just to see what messages the kernel is putting out and if there is a "panic" loop being entered.

We know (from the De-brick a DX(G) thread) that the kernel in the 2.5.8 firmware build has an error in the "panic halt" function that causes it to loop rather than halt.
Could be the same problem in the kernel of the 3.xx firmware also. I don't know, I haven't looked at the code.

That DX(G) is sitting without its battery installed, waiting for me to finish learning how to re-cover it.
Those DX(G) machines are a bit too expensive to just toss in the trash without making a major effort to fix it.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote