View Single Post
Old 09-03-2010, 04:32 PM   #21
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaderag View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by chilady1 View Post
You have 4 books you want to put into a collection in order so you don't have to constantly look up which book is next.

In Calibre, Edit the Metadata button and change the date the book was published. The first book in the series should have the most recent date. I also add numbers to the title. It looks like this.

Book A (#1) - Aug 2010 (make this your starting date) - oldest book
Book B (#2) - July 2010
Book C (#3) - June 2010
Book D (#4) - May 2010 (last book in the series ends up the earliest date)

When you add these books to your collection, they will line up in the correct order #1-#4

You don't have to add the numbers to the title. Personal choice, I like to see them with the numbers.

Also I don't change the publishing date until AFTER I have downloaded the metadata because if you change publishing dates before, when you download the metadata it will put the correct publishing date and you have done a lot of work for nothing.
Okay, so, i *think* I've got it to work...

You need to set the Published date in descending order (with the month descending, as well as the year), first book most recent date AND have the folder sorting with a preceding series order

Also, if changing books that are already on the device, you need to remove them, unplug the device so it can refresh, and then re-copy them...
Sounds like you made chilady1's solution work for you. Excellent tip about removing the books and resending them.

Thanks for confirming the solution.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote