View Single Post
Old 11-10-2016, 08:13 AM   #16
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by evianluw View Post
Sadly, after updating USBNet and jailbreak, my kindle still fails to connect to computer via USB. Anyway, thanks for your help. Maybe it's really a kind of hardware problem, although I am cautious with connecting the cable to the micro-USB port.

I've thought of doing a factory reset or a complete firmware flash might solve the problem, but considering losing jailbreak for a while may mean unable to jailbreak forever for me if the USB connection isn't fixed, I just give up. If you have any ideas about uploading a file to the root directory of kindle without USB connection and jailbreak, please tell me.
The full flash images installed by Kubrick are already jail broken for the devices it is intended for.

You have a PW-2, the factory initial firmware used in the current jb is guaranteed by several 100,000 users to be jail breakable.

But the jailbreak procedure for a PW-2 requires that you follow directions, exactly.

What file are you trying to upload to the root directory of the Kindle?
That is most likely your problem, right there, PEBCAK.

Last edited by knc1; 11-10-2016 at 08:19 AM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote