View Single Post
Old 10-12-2011, 05:57 AM   #1
edzard
edzard began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
rooting for note export ability

Hi!

I bought a nook touch, and as of now most read policy papers on it for my work. I've been doing a lot of highlighting and note-taking, and only just found out these notes cannot be exported or synchronized to a computer, oops...

I understand that there is probably no way to recover the notes I have already made, but I need this feature for future work. I bought the nook partially for the attractive prospect of easy highlighting, note-taking and searching through notes without having to stare at a computer screen all day, and I never bothered to check if exporting notes was possible, because it seems like such an obvious feature.

I am willing to go through the trouble of rooting my nook if this makes it possible to export and search through my notes and highlights. I am not very technically inclined though, so I only want to invest the time into finding out how to do root the device if it makes it possible to install an app that does allow for easy exporting and sorting of notes. I did read in some other threads about note-taking on pdfs, but I am specifically focused on exporting notes. I don't care if the app can do it on pdf's or epubs, because most of the stuff I read can be converted without too many problems.

Thanks!
edzard is offline   Reply With Quote