View Single Post
Old 09-18-2011, 12:16 AM   #17
OtterBooks
Wizard
OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4, iPad Mini/Retina
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonetools View Post
I thought millions of Kindle owners would be spitting fire at the idea that their beloved e-ink reading devices were not the end and pinacle of the ebook reading experience and would be replaced by tablets.
The end, beginning and pinnacle of literature is text. There may be better ways to display text, but the problem with LCD is that it is technologically inferior to physical pigment for that role (as electronically manipulated ink particles, e-ink readers only barely qualify as digital imo). Something new? Sure, but they haven't found it. imo. edit: I refer to leisure reading of lit, not quick text consumption. I have no problem with tablets in this regard.

You know what's been around for 500 years or so and hasn't been surpassed in quality by a digital version? The violin. There's a reason classical musicians don't use computerized violins, and it's not just because of tradition; it's because we have not yet invented anything better. No artificial recreation has been able to match the harmonic qualities of a Stradivarius. They've actually tried, and can't. Some human inventions are so well executed that they stand the test of centuries. I rant.

Last edited by OtterBooks; 09-18-2011 at 12:31 AM.
OtterBooks is offline   Reply With Quote