Thread: Shut-down?
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2009, 05:19 PM   #5
Fledchen
Guru
Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.

Device: PB360+, Sony950, VR Stream, iPod Touch, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrappnjoyce View Post
How does one actualyl shut down the reader?I went to Settings/advanced settings/device shut down and it says "Press MARK to shutdown this device" What is MARK?? Bookmark? I pressed bookmark and it seems to have... well, bookmarked the last page I was on without shutting down the reader. What am I missing?

Thanks,
Joyce
Shutting down the device is a multi-step process.
1. Go to Settings from the main menu. (Button 0)
2. Select "Advanced Settings" (Button 5)
3. Select "Device Shutdown" (Button 3)
A screen instructing you to press "Mark" will pop up. Press the bookmark button while this screen is showing to finish the shutdown process

The bookmark button is a multi-function button. If you press it once while you are viewing a book, it will place a bookmark. If you press and hold it while viewing a book, it will bring up a list of every bookmark in memory (not just the bookmarks for that book).

In other cases, the bookmark button functions as a confirmation button. You use it to confirm deletion when deleting a book directly from the device (as opposed to deleting it when it's connected to your computer), and you also use it to confirm shutdown.
Fledchen is offline   Reply With Quote