Thread: Duokan 2013
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2012, 05:06 AM   #900
Kobudera
Hungarian
Kobudera taught Chuck Norris how to fight.Kobudera taught Chuck Norris how to fight.Kobudera taught Chuck Norris how to fight.Kobudera taught Chuck Norris how to fight.Kobudera taught Chuck Norris how to fight.Kobudera taught Chuck Norris how to fight.Kobudera taught Chuck Norris how to fight.Kobudera taught Chuck Norris how to fight.Kobudera taught Chuck Norris how to fight.Kobudera taught Chuck Norris how to fight.Kobudera taught Chuck Norris how to fight.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psywind View Post
Hello again. I must start off by saying that I really like the functions in Duokan over Amazon's OS.

However, it seems that I am having a couple issues yet, and while I was able to install Duokan and change the language to English, I cannot get a new dictionary in or install screen savers. I have followed the directions in the FAQs by creating the directory /Savers/ under DK_System in root and I added 600X800 grayscaled .png files, but the directions do not make sense to me, "In 2nd page of System Settings, press '7' key to set 'screen saver image settings." There is no 7 on page two, but there are letters. Has the interfaced been changed since the writing of the FAQs? I'm not sure what I need to do to install Screen Savers.

Additionally, it seems that there are some options under system settings that did not get translated over to English: E on page one, C and D and E (on E specifically, the selections after EPUB/MOBI), and page four which should say "Serial Number" for A and "MAC ADDRESS" for B.

But back to my other problem regarding installing a dictionary. The links are dead on the FAQs, but I have a few files that should work; so, I tried to install the Concise Oxford English Dictionary. I made the directory root\DK_System\system\dict\ and added the files with the extensions .idx, .ifo, and .dict . I restarted through settings and it doesn't seem to work. Am I doing it wrong?

Thanks for your time.
Hi!

The setting does not work at a dictionary.
The manner that you should use an own dictionary:
You put those three files into the folder only what belongs to your dictionary.
(H:\DK_System\xKindle\res\dict)
Delete the others from there.
Then restart your Kindle.
There is only ONE dictionary in the folder (.idx, .ifo, and .dict must be there) because the change doesn't work in Duokan.

Put the screensavers into this folder:
H:\DK_System\xKindle\res\ScreenSaver

The Duokan's English translate is out-of-date, so here is the latest:
http://duokanhun.blogspot.hu/2012/10...aba-razva.html
Kobudera is offline   Reply With Quote