Thread: Title Page?
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2009, 08:22 AM   #1
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Title Page?

Here's another layout problem I need help with.

I would like to reproduce a title page in my epub, as much as is possible. Obviously, I can put page breaks before and after the title page. But I'd like to do more.

The title page includes a large graphic in the middle of several lines of text. I'd like to arrange things so that this graphic resizes, within limits, to make the first line of text appear at the top of the page, and the last line of text appear at the bottom of the page.

So that, provided the text size isn't set too big, the title page will be just that - a single full page of text and graphic.

Any ideas anyone? I'm happy to play around with various suggestions, but I'm so new to CSS2 that I don't really have the first idea where to start trying to do this, if it's possible.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote