View Single Post
Old 06-07-2010, 01:49 PM   #15
za9
za9 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-600
Quote:
Originally Posted by reech View Post
Hello - no, it isn't actually crashing; it's just during a calibre data transfer that it randomly loses the entire collection data.

Also, I've not been using the Sony Reader Library programme; I've made sure it's not started.

It also jumbles up some of my book names as well; turning the Authors in 'Unkown' and calling the books something like: title_author_number .

I will try the calibre uninstall\reinstall - might as well
Sadly I can't offer any assistance, but I can jump in with a 'me too'.

In my case, every now and then I notice that some of the books on my PRS-600 have lost their tag while others have 'unknown' as the author and the book title has reverted to the original file name (which in many cases is the author name-book title). These have mostly been txt files, but some rtf and one or two pdfs too. A few have lost the last character of the title and author, or had them set to what looks like a chinese character.

I've found that if I edit the title/author/tag in the reader using calibre, they mostly stay correct after that, but some revert again at a later date.

I use Calibre 0.6.55, though it's happened with earlier versions too. I updated to 7.0.1 this morning, which caused delays of 5 minutes 'updating metadata' with each action, and then messed up a number of book titles, authors and tags. Due to the 5 minute lag updating metadata per edit, I reverted to .6.55!
za9 is offline   Reply With Quote