View Single Post
Old 01-13-2012, 01:35 PM   #30
Jade Aislin
Groupie
Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kobo Auro H2O, PRS-T1
Quote:
You're doing it right, it sounds like. And when there are characters they will show up as tags by default.

But we only have code for parsing and saving characters for some sites and ffnet isn't one of them.
That's good to know. At least I know I'm not doing something wrong.

Quote:
It doesn't look too horrible to add character parsing to ffnet. I'll look into it.
I hope you are able to get the characters from FFnet. I've been using a complex method for getting my stories into calibre.

1. use fanfictiondownloader to download story list sorted by character.
2. add stories to calibre.
3. manually input custom fields (character, story complete)
4. repeat steps 1-3 for new character
5. find duplicate stories.
6. Merge duplicate stories so that it shows both characters.
7. Repeat for any additional characters.

This is very time consuming. If you can get the characters in the tags, it would eliminate a lot of the work I have to do.

On another note, is it possible to change the font of the comments? I love that the summary is put into the comments, but have trouble reading it on my tablet. I have tried to bulk edit, but could not make any changes as there are no easy html tags to change. Increasing the font in the comments field while the story is downloaded would be a big help.