View Single Post
Old 10-13-2010, 09:26 PM   #6
viviena
Evangelist
viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Currently Kobo Clara HD and Aura One, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamasue View Post
"many" might have been too strong a word perhaps ... but from the reading I have done ... which is A LOT ... I know there are people all over the world who are frustrated with their Kobo readers and have stated they were going to sell them in order to 'up-grade' to a different brand.
My assumption is that the majority of people who post in forums such as these comment the most when they have problems and are looking for help or commiseration. The ones without problems post less.

It's interesting lurking on Kobo's FB page, and I'm guessing maybe you have too. There's reactions of gushing and of hate, with some demands from the latter for some sort of rebate or trade-in scheme for early adopters. I can understand frustration with Kobo's customer support, not so much the 'early adopters got screwed!' mentality.

Quote:
in the space of 2 hours recently, I spoke with 8 people F2F in a Borders store who had come in to buy the Sony because they were 'fed up' with their Kobos.
Huh. Now this surprises me. Perhaps they had buggy Kobos and thought a more established brand name would be more reliable? For somebody who wants a basic ereader, $120 is a big difference to buy the equivalent 6" Sony model, unless they're content to to get the 5".

In response to the OP, I did think about selling my Kobo on eBay, but didn't because I like Kobo and want to see what the company does with future firmware updates, it's still a perfectly usable ereader (I got my 350 to meet very specific needs), and I'm a gadget geek. I'm content to let my family use the Kobo, and they seem to like it a lot.
viviena is offline   Reply With Quote