View Single Post
Old 10-10-2008, 03:12 PM   #27
zerospinboson
"Assume a can opener..."
zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iLiad v2, DR1000
I just received a PDF (very recently created by Cambridge UP) that constantly crashes on all iPDF versions, even though the PDF contains no images, and doesn't require the iLiad to do any heavy rendering.

All it contains are lots of bookmarks throughout the PDF (also on pages in the 'book' to other chapters in the book, which can be 'clicked' in the text body of the book itself), and "linked" footnotes.
I have created similar (linked footnote) PDFs myself, and they don't cause the iLiad any trouble at all rendering them.
Does anyone have a clue why this might be happening?
The kinds of pages it crashes on frequently seem to be pages containing such links, though the amount of them seems to matter very little, and it happens on pages without them as well. (if it would help, i can send the file causing the problems to someone who can do more by way of testing/debugging than I can.

Update: it only happens when i update the PDF version to PDF 1.7 or later (using Acrobat 9)
If I leave the file as conforming to the PDF 1.4 standard, it is fine, but as soon as i upgrade, it starts acting up bigtime.

Last edited by zerospinboson; 10-15-2008 at 03:38 PM. Reason: update on problem
zerospinboson is offline   Reply With Quote