View Single Post
Old 08-02-2008, 01:32 AM   #15
dordale
Wizard
dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 & 350; Kindle Voyage; Kobo Aura HD, Aura One, and Forma
Jeff--First of all thanks very much for posting this!!

I'm trying to use the PRS Customizer, but I keep coming up with an error message.

According to my reader, I'm able to create the image successfully (5--make a new image); but when I go to the next step (6--flash the image) I always get the following error: "Error while flashing partition! It is recommended to switch to recovery mode and use Sony flasher to flash a stock image." I can then exit to the menu and my Reader still works but hasn't been updated.

I previously ran used the Universal Flash Updater 2.0 provided by Igorsk with the additional files provided by Gwynevans. I was able to run this successfully--only thing that I couldn't get to "take" were the new icons.

I would appreciate any pointers or suggestions on what I might try to get the updater to work successfully. I'd like to have the new icons and the identifying text. Also, right now my clock is a little messed up (left digit not showing completely) and I think Jeff's update fixes this.

Thanks for any help!!!

dordale
dordale is offline   Reply With Quote