View Single Post
Old 02-10-2012, 03:23 PM   #8
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisakavern View Post
@Wyndham, I disagree, you gave up the discussion to easily, this should be an option. I do not see the need to keep unwanted files in your library why not save a step and delete them as part of the conversion. If the conversion does not work, you simply re-import the original file and try again. It has been my experience that the conversions work 99% of the time, why there is so much opposition to this option request is beyond me. I think the big point that the developers are missing is that we are simply asking this to be added as an "Option" not as something that automatically happens. If you don't like it then don't use it.
The reason not to have it is that it would inevitably cause extra support work for Kovid. You say that you could simply re-import the book if the conversion didn't work satisfactorily, but that assumes that you still have it to hand. Suppose you've bought a new device, and you're doing the conversion two years after you originally got the book. What are the chances of you still having the original book?

I must respectfully disagree with you: I see no reason to offer such a dangerous option, when manually deleting a source format is so very easy.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote