Thread: The Freeloaders
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2010, 11:42 AM   #31
queentess
Reading is sexy
queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
From the article:
Quote:
Younger generations expect music and now video to be free—and when it isn’t, they feel entitled to take it anyway.
I disagree with this. I do think there's a certain age group for whom this is true, but younger people (that is, people younger than me) have no issues paying for a bunch of electrons because they've been conditioned to it.

My brother-in-law, who is 10 years younger than me, regularly purchases PDC (premium downloadable content) for his xbox360 games, buys farmville/mafia wars stuff from facebook, and has never known cds so has no problem purchasing mp3s.

My husband works in the e-card business of a major greeting card company, and we were just debating this the other day. E-cards became hugely popular in the mid-90s, but they were mostly free and e-card divisions of companies tended to fail because they couldn't turn a profit. But now there's a trend where people are starting to PAY for e-cards. The demographics most likely to pay for e-cards? Women aged 55+ and people aged 16-22.