View Single Post
Old 08-18-2009, 10:41 AM   #9
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Adding an option for no cover is too much work at this point as all the output plugins expect there to be a cover. Rendering the first page as a cover is possible, but I don't really see how that's any better than a generic cover with the title of the book on it
Why not offer the no cover option, and have calibre designate the first file (up to the page break) as the cover? You said elsewhere that calibre looks for an entry in the guide for the cover. This would fulfill that need.

On a related note, why does calibre distort cover images? If I use a cover that is say 400x300 it should not be stretched, but should remain that size. What's really funny (if only it didn't piss me off) is when calibre extracts a 30 by 30 logo and distorts it to around 600 square. Can we have the option of _not_ stretching the cover image, please?
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote