View Single Post
Old 06-03-2009, 03:39 PM   #11
Sabardeyn
Guru
Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PC (Calibre), Nexus 7 2013 (Moon+ Pro), HTC HD2/Leo (Freda)
It really is a loss for the reading world. His characters were not the cardboard cutouts that you see so often in fantasy. They were people - always unique, yet consistent and believable within the context of their settings.

I've re-read his books many times.

I noticed his wife Leigh had previously passed away. I wonder if the passing of his wife contributed, in the manner that is so often seen when one partner in a life-long relationship dies, to his demise. Sometimes for the survivor, getting over the loneliness, and heartache, is impossible.

My condolences to the family and friends of David Eddings.
Sabardeyn is offline   Reply With Quote