View Single Post
Old 10-02-2008, 03:14 AM   #6
pepak
Guru
pepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura about

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T3, Kobo Libra H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadrien View Post
The main advantage is probably the fact that you won't really have to do a lot of format shifting in the upcoming years if you start using ePub rather than LRF.
Actually, that's doesn't matter to me - the only place where I would put the LRF (or the EPUB) is the Reader itself. The source files would remain in HTML on my computer in either case. If I choose to switch to a new format, I can do it all with just one command.

My uncertainty whether to use LRF or EPUB is mostly about "which format is easier for my device's firmware" - speed of rendering, power consumption, stuff like that. Multilevel TOC would be a point in favor of EPUB, as would be CSS2 support, but not if it meant reduced lifetime on battery or prolonged page turns.
pepak is offline   Reply With Quote