View Single Post
Old 07-13-2005, 08:10 PM   #3
volwrath
Guru
volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SGS3/PW2/Nexus72
eReader's DRM is credit cards. To get your free DRMed book, you need a credit card. I already have one on file with eReader so no real big deal for me. If you don't want the free DRM book, don't enter a CC

Your second point is somewhat mystifying. eReader is not going to charge you after the subscription runs out, because there is no subscription. eReader is trying to make money by getting you to their site and getting a credit card on file. They are HOPING you will buy more books. You certainly don't have to.

I also don;t understnad how your last two points apply whatsoever to eReader. If DRM is a dead business model, why is iTunes so successful?

One other thing, I think the selection of books has absolutely sucked!
volwrath is offline   Reply With Quote