View Single Post
Old 01-26-2012, 10:23 AM   #13
NineOne
NineOne has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.NineOne has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.NineOne has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by robko View Post
The big drawback with the Kobo is that customer service is questionable at best and sucks big time at worst. I don't think Kobo is any more prone to an issue than any other reader, but service if you have a problem is slow.
Other than customer service I would highly recommend the Kobo.
The customer service is atrocious, "slow" doesn't begin to describe it. I was extremely happy with my Kobo until something went wrong a few weeks ago. I am, quite honestly, absolutely blown away by how non-responsive and apathetic their support was. Every email reply took at least a full day, for the first two, then over a week went by with nothing.
If you call them, all they will do is, quite literally, read aloud to you the transcript of your email, and tell you that there's nothing they can do, and you'll get an email when the support team gets to your email.
(That's almost verbatim)

After over half a dozen people bought a Kobo directly on my recommendation, I have only this to say now:
If I could physically prevent you from buying a Kobo by holding you back from the store, I would.
NineOne is offline   Reply With Quote