View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013, 11:54 AM   #13
Notjohn
mostly an observer
Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
It does seem that most people do it exactly that way--run the epub through Kindle Previewer and upload the converted mobi file. But I reason this way: there is always a chance that a file can be corrupted in an upload. So I prefer to upload my epub, let the KDP do the conversion, download the converted book file, and examine it in all possible emulations in Kindle Previewer. That way I am looking at the exact book file that will be distributed to purchasers of the book.

That's my justification anyhow. The real reason is probably that I did it that way the first time, and it worked, so I keep doing it. Why mess with success?
Notjohn is offline   Reply With Quote