View Single Post
Old 10-23-2012, 05:31 PM   #14
7hir7een
Reader of Books
7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Basic (11th gen)
I went through four and gave up. I decided to stick with my original unit, as its problems were the least bothersome.

All four had the problem of shadowy color blotching to varying degrees. #2 and #3 had bright spots like dust trapped between the screen layers that were extremely distracting. #3 and #4 (and maybe #2?) had super-bright leftmost LED lights. #4 was the worst as far as the coloring. Extremely pink blobbing. It also had very noticeable secondary diamond-patterned shadowing at the bottom worse than the other units. And it appeared to have a scratch on the backside of the topmost screen layer.

Interestingly, they all had different grades of brightness when on the same settings (at least compared to my original, which I kept thoroughout the process). Some also seemed to have sharper text.

On the whole, I'd say the quality control on these is deplorable. Electronic devices shouldn't have such a wide window of variation.
7hir7een is offline   Reply With Quote