View Single Post
Old 02-24-2014, 09:07 AM   #4134
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil_C View Post
Well, when I change the font, I have to go back and forth several times changing font size and line height until the proper size "settles in". Sometimes I think it is OK, but then every other chapter in a book will have one font size while the others have a 2nd size.

This is consistent across two 350's, several books, and several fonts.

Sometimes this behavior seems to go away if I do the changes through the main PRS+ settings menu instead of from the individual book. But not always.

In the end, it all works. But it's still kind of frustrating.
You're not alone, Phil. I also see this on my PRS350.

My problems started when I began to use the new PRS+ css features utilising the files userCSSValues.js and extern.css which allow more control (in theory) of the buttons in the font menu pop-up.

Prior to this if I wanted to have several slightly different sizes of a particular font family then I just had one custom css file per font-family/font-size combo with the ttf filenames and font-sizes hard-coded in each. I never had any trouble with this setup.

Using userCSSValues.js and extern.css seemed to offer a way of only having one css file per font-family and letting the buttons do the fine-tuning. Good theory but flawed in practice for me. Maybe I didn't get the userCSSValues.js/extern.css files quite right, I don't know? I don't remember any discussion about this at the time, so I wonder how many people actually tried the new options. I don't think I've got them totally wrong because they appear to work fine most of the time but things do sometimes go awry at change of chapter in some books.

I haven't had the mental fortitude to track down the problem as I do most of my reading on Kobos these days (less probs changing font-family/font-size/line-height with these )
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote