View Single Post
Old 02-04-2024, 03:52 AM   #8
0x6f677548
0x6f677548 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo clara hd
Quote:
Originally Posted by KindleAZWorKFX View Post
thanks, a bit, I noticed if you combine it with fonts like amazon amber, bookly or OpenDylexic font, it seems make all the text look a bit too bold not just half a word on my kindle paperwhite device. should I use Remove embedded fonts in modify ePub plugin before using the Metaguide epub or when converting an epub to epub feature in calibre, so it's less bold, also I noticed some fonts cause the spacing to be tight vs more spacing in other eBooks,

I have both an Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition device, and a older Kindle paperwhite 6 gen. device, the display screen on it looks a bit different than the newer kindle like fonts are a bit different on the older screen, and also an android tablet that I use with google play books.

I think this Epub Metaguider affects each eBook a bit differently when it comes to spacing, since I noticed that fonts in some eBooks seem to cause the spacing to look different,
spacing should have nothing to do with the Epub Metaguider plugin. It is not supposed to change spacing.
Using the plugin with typeface modification fonts like OpenDyslexic is redundant. I suggest each reader decides what works best : the fonts or the bold metaguiding. To me, OpenDyslexic was not enough, hence why I developed the plugin. To others, it might be enough.
Although, a book converted with the plugin should be read with a normal font, IMHO.

About the random art images, that's a very good idea. I would suggest to share it in the Plugin Ideas forum and someone might pick it. It is definitely a good one!

hope it helps.
thanks for using the plugin!
0x6f677548 is offline   Reply With Quote