View Single Post
Old 09-05-2008, 05:27 PM   #9
Lilly
Guru
Lilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it is

Device: Sony PRS-505, PRS-900 & PRS-950, Amazon Kindle2
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrailGirl View Post
I turned off Norton and that didn't help. As to the above suggestion, can you give me instructions on how to do this?

Thanks.
I've not done it for ebook library software but I have done it for the Money File. Here were the instructions for money:

1. Open the Folder Options item in Control Panel. • In Windows Vista, click Start, type Folder Options in the Start Search box. Then, click Folder Options in the Programs list.

If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Continue.
• In Windows XP and in earlier versions of Windows, click Start, click Run, type Control folders, and then click OK.

2. Click the View tab.
3. In the Advanced settings list, click Show hidden files and folders under Hidden files and folders.
4. Click to clear the Hide protected operating system files (Recommended) check box.
5. Close the Folder Options dialog box. To do this, click OK.
6. In the System Properties dialog box, open the Advanced tab. To do this, use one of the following methods: • In Windows Vista, click Start, right-click Computer, click Properties, and then click Advanced system settings.

If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Continue.
• In Windows XP, click Start, right-click My Computer, click Properties, and then click the Advanced tab.

7. Under Performance, click Settings.
8. Click the Data Execution Prevention tab.
9. Click Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select.
10. Click Add, and then locate the ebook librry folder. By default, the folder is located in the following folder:
C:\Program File\
11. You must add the following file to the Data Execution Prevention tab:
• ebooklibrary.exe
12. Click OK to close the Performance Options dialog box.
13. Click OK to the following message:
The changes you have made require you to restart your computer before they can take effect.
14. Close the System Properties dialog box. To do this, click OK.
15. Restart the computer.

Last edited by Lilly; 09-06-2008 at 01:46 AM.
Lilly is offline   Reply With Quote