View Single Post
Old 10-16-2013, 06:15 PM   #1
thompson440
thompson440 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Strange calibre server problem with Kindle?

Hi all,

First of all, apologies if this has been mentioned elsewhere. Ive found similar problems listed here but had no joy with my actual issue.

Im using the calibre server and have a dynamic IP. I use a dyndns service to point my web address to the current dynamic IP. Im using calibre with the server with the standard port setting 8080 and the port is open on the router and directed to the appropriate PC on my network.

Accessing the server is possible from all PC's, tablets and phones on the network using the ip 192.168.0.5:8080, and when away from the home network using myhostname:8080. So far so good! The problem starts with the kindle, and its a new issue as it used to work fine.

I can connect to the server from the kindle browser on the home network using 192.168.0.5:8080 and I can connect away from the home network using the actual IP address of my network. I cant however access the server away from my home network using myhostname:8080, although if i use a proxy such as bypasstheweb.net myhostname:8080 does work.

Ive tried using myhostname:8080/mobile /old etc. but none work.

Any ideas? I'm baffled!

Thanks
thompson440 is offline   Reply With Quote