View Single Post
Old 04-22-2011, 01:17 AM   #6
Shelleyleo
Shelleyleo will become famous soon enoughShelleyleo will become famous soon enoughShelleyleo will become famous soon enoughShelleyleo will become famous soon enoughShelleyleo will become famous soon enoughShelleyleo will become famous soon enoughShelleyleo will become famous soon enough

Device: Astak EZReader, Sony PRS-350
I haven't messed with a 300 myself, so I can't speak to how it differs from the 350 and I don't do any particular <a> CSS defining, but so far it has preserved every bit of CSS that is inherent in the ePub standard (unsure how it handles any elements that are not in spec as I generally stay very much within the bounds of the ePub spec on my own creations).

My <a> tags are all within <div> or <p> tags and the formatting specified for those tags trickles into the <a> formatting (for at least one of my various reader software apps I had to have the <a> tags within a <p> or <div> or it wouldn't format properly).

My links are mostly of the sort that should display simply as something like: [Prev] using the same background, no shading, all the default appearances of a link without any special definitions. On the 350, all the links have a middle-shade-greyish background that is definitely darker than the default background color with the default black text. If you look at the ePub in Sony's Reader Library software on a PC at least (current version on Win7 here for example), the links have the same kind of block shading they do on the 350 but it isn't nearly as pronounced - but it should give you an indication at least.

If you want to PM me an ePub that has formatting you'd like to see in action on a 350, I can see about loading it onto my 350 and taking pictures of whatever pages/elements you'd like to see the displayed results of. It isn't a perfect solution as sometimes pics aren't entirely clear, but I can try at least (or maybe I could put the reader on a flatbed scanner and see if it comes out clear that way too). Having been there in terms of "how exactly will /my/ books show up on such-and-such new reader that I'm considering", I'm more than willing to try to at least simulate you putting your books on a test reader by loading them and capturing what it looks like for you.

Since the 350 doesn't let you really have any means of selecting/tapping/hovering over a link and selecting it without a tap on the screen, there isn't really any need to have the first one "highlighted" for easy usage on the touchscreen models, that might be why that behaviour seems unclear to me (as in, I don't think the 350 does it that way so I'm not familiar with it).
Shelleyleo is offline   Reply With Quote