View Single Post
Old 08-07-2009, 03:52 PM   #2
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
The Jonathan Kellerman before his most recent one was terrible. I had followed his series all the way through and was so disappointed with it. His characters got to a sort of fat cat middle aged middle class affluent complacency and the case in the book was a cold case so it lacked immediacy and dramatic tension. I was so disappointed! I was glad to read his next one and find it much improved, back to the formula that worked.

Patricia Cornwell, otoh, I have given up on. Ever since she switched to third person in a move to go more 'literary' the books have not been the same, and when she got flack for killing off a beloved character, she brought him back later in a contrived way that undermined all of the other character's growth from the grieving process of losing him. After a misstep like this, I can't go back and combining that with the other problem, I am done with this series.
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote