View Single Post
Old 11-11-2012, 03:55 PM   #1913
Hamlet53
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertblues View Post
The film of Cloud Atlas is coming to our town in december and I'll go and see it.

I'm on my 9th Murakami and Norwegian Wood is indeed a good book. I didn't like the 'a Wild Sheep Chase', but 'Kafka on the shore' is good, save for some cruelty in the beginning, that put me almost off the book.
The book I like best is Hardboiled wonderland and the end of the World. That one I will read again.
Presently I'm reading 'The Elephant vanishes"; short stories.
I have also read Kafka on the Shore and really liked it. Though if you are referring to that business about the cats, yes that was hard to take. And I don't even like cats.

I to am really looking forward to the film version of Cloud Atlas coming to my town. There is no guarantee that it well though. I live in a small town in a rural area, and sometimes films that are not likely to draw big among children and teenagers are just never booked for the one single screen theater in town. That and the place is old and so high definition and 3-D movies don't show well in it.

I am also looking forward to the film of The Life of Pi. I was not that impressed with the book, and was not entranced with the mystic/religious theme, but the trailers I have seen are stunning. I may have to make a full day trip of it to see that in a proper theater.