View Single Post
Old 07-27-2012, 06:56 AM   #16
MichaelSullivan
Enthusiast
MichaelSullivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelSullivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelSullivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelSullivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelSullivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelSullivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelSullivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelSullivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelSullivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelSullivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelSullivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ipad
Quote:
Originally Posted by VydorScope View Post
Yeah, I would love to know how to move from the barely making it self-pub world in to the successful one. I have not hit 70k, probably more in the 15-20k but stopped counting when my first book crossed 10k. Would love to know how to make the transition from a super small fry self-pub to "published by someone that matters" author.
Selling 15-20K books is pretty good. (I had not sold that many when I made the switch) If you really want to move to traditional publishing, I suggest you develop a query letter that highlights your self-publishing success and use that to find an agent. Really you are going to go the same route as if you hadn't self-published first, but now you have some significant publishing experience to highlight.
MichaelSullivan is offline   Reply With Quote