Thread: sigil and toc
View Single Post
Old 10-17-2009, 07:07 AM   #5
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcdy View Post
In the original html file that was used to make the prc file, the chapters do not have an h1 tag.
And that's the problem right there. The original file doesn't have them. I guess Calibre heuristically tries to find what elements are representing the headings, but Sigil doesn't do that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcdy View Post
I'm a beginner in such code writing, but followed your suggestions - used code view in sigil, cut the entire file and pasted into Notepad++ where I added the <h1> & </h1> tags for each new chapter using Notepad++ search, then cut and pasted back into sigil, saved the modified file, and tried it in my PC Adobe DR - the toc was ok; also tried it in my Bebook and the catalogue key worked fine to give the toc.
With Sigil v0.1.5, you won't have to use other applications for S&R...
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote