View Single Post
Old 02-09-2013, 07:55 PM   #312
jscris
Addict
jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.

Device: k1 - KAO2, ipads, h2o, KA1, inkBOOK, T80s, Mars, Nova Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieterpops View Post
You can easily rectify this by putting a few layers of tin foil underneath your kindle in the lower right corner of the case.

On my case, the corners don't need to be cut at all.
Thanks! I had thought of trying that, but hadn't gotten around to it. 6 layers of aluminum foil did the trick (less may have worked as well, but that's what I started with). Not thick enough to be a problem with the case fitting.

Mine did fit fine into the case, it was just getting it out that was a problem. I've found that a silicone-covered bowl scraper I have (silicone covered so as not to damage the back of the kindle, but stiff because there's metal inside) works well if pushed between the case and the kindle on the "spine" side and then slid down toward the lower left corner. Once you get that corner loose, the rest is possible. My experience has been that the whittling has helped with all of the third-party cases.

I'd love for them to add a magnet that keeps the case folded open as well as folded closed. The elastic strap on the earlier cases served that function. I read on my side(s) in bed and since they don't offer rotation in all directions on the PW, the case can't be used as an easel for landscape mode in both directions. And then there's still the remote... lol

Thanks again....
jscris is offline   Reply With Quote