View Single Post
Old 01-05-2013, 10:28 PM   #117
PatNY
Zennist
PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod Touch, Sony PRS-350, Nook HD+ & HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveEisenberg View Post
One fight possibility: Admit that their old strategy of banging heads with tech companies was wrong, and fight for paper:

No one knows how long paper books have to go, but I suspect there will be a lot more die-hard dead tree fans than there were with vinyl records. As paper book sales decline, the prices of paper books, and the margins, will probably go up. So why not fight for that?

Now, I know, we are mobile readers. The plan I quote is for B&N to turn their backs on everyone here. But it would be mistake for Barnes and Noble to try to please me, since I'm not likely to buy from them anyway.
If it meant saving the retail stores, I'd be all for it. But it would be nice if they could fight for both. There is a nice synergy, conceptually, of having the ebook readers sold alongside the physical books, both on their website and in the stores.

--Pat
PatNY is offline   Reply With Quote