View Single Post
Old 09-28-2012, 06:38 PM   #733
Kai771
Just a Noob
Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle 3
Nobody says that you're unexperienced or that you lack knowledge... it's your attitude that sucks.

If you really wanted to be helpful, you could've pointed the mismatch between glibc/eglibc from the beginning. I did read the page. Some time before I tried Linaro. I didn't remember every detail of it. It has more sections missing that it has them written. The section you're refering to does contain the line:
Quote:
gcc-linaro-arm-linux-gnueabihf-2012.05-* gcc-4.7 based tool-chain, default code generation is Cortex-A, Thumb-2, hard float, VFPv3-D16 FPU (neon) built against eglibc. A README file is available.
Note that I used gcc-linaro-arm-linux-gnueabi-2012.04-20120426_linux.tar.bz2. Gnueabi, not Gnueabihf. There's no mention of gnueabi Linaro on that page. So even if I read it closely, I could've easily missed it.

Judging by your posts, it seems that you don't read previous posts of the one you're replying to at all. So your posts, although correct and knowledgeable don't apply to the situation discussed (for example, your suggestion to build a TC, when the point discussed is using readily available, pre-built TCs for building kpdfviewer).

You probably never tried to compile KindlePDFViewer yourself. It's not your regular Linux app. It doesn't use autoconf or automake. It's not portable. It's written specifically for Kindle and uses manually written makefile. It does use some open source projects, but they're also manually compiled, through KindlePDFViewer makefile. Most of your advices had regular Linux app in mind.
(like transfering libs to Kindle. It makes sense when you're trying to make some otherwise unavailable app to work on Kindle. It doesn't make sense when you're testing if the TC will compile the source of readily available and working binary).
Kai771 is offline   Reply With Quote