View Single Post
Old 12-09-2011, 01:04 PM   #13
TechnoCat
Zealot
TechnoCat gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'TechnoCat gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'TechnoCat gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'TechnoCat gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'TechnoCat gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'TechnoCat gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'TechnoCat gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'TechnoCat gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'TechnoCat gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'TechnoCat gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'TechnoCat gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'

Device: Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by EowynCarter View Post
Exclusivities are bad. I would be able not to but a book, even if in the right format for me, if I learn about the exclusivity.
Interesting. I have no problem with exclusives. The espresso beans I prefer are only sold at one store locally. Due to my preference in features, four of my last five cars have been the same (expensive) brand, and the one exception lasted just a few months before I took a $20K hit to go back. I own a Mac. I use iTunes and have some AAC-DRM'd music. My Sony camera uses a custom USB cable, as does my wife's phone. These things are factors but not blockers to me.

I won't buy a B&N exclusive simply because I don't have a Nook and don't expect to. But if B&N was the only place to get the next Terry Pratchett hardcover (assuming he returns to health and form), I'd have no problem nipping down to the B&N b&m and buying it in person rather than forgoing it for lack of a one-click button for it on my Amazon account.
TechnoCat is offline   Reply With Quote