Thread: style sheets
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2011, 08:50 AM   #5
cuthbert19
Enthusiast
cuthbert19 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.cuthbert19 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.cuthbert19 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.cuthbert19 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.cuthbert19 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.cuthbert19 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.cuthbert19 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.cuthbert19 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.cuthbert19 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.cuthbert19 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.cuthbert19 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Cybook Opus
Quote:
Originally Posted by bramwell1922 View Post
Thanks.

Can you recommend a style sheet editor, preferably one that allows me to select style elements from drop down lists so that I don't have to learn a lot of tags?

Are ePub styles the same as HTML CSS tags?

Will Sigil display my writing using the style sheet, or does Sigil use the style sheet just to create the final ePub file?

Thanks.
I usually use Sigil, especially since I usually need only to modify existing stylesheets, not to write them from scratch. And yes, Sigil correctly renders all the styling you apply in the stylesheet(s), apart from the rendering of embedded fonts (there's a bug in the QTWebKit library which Sigil's rendering is based upon).

Even with editors like the one you're describing (I know of bluefish and CSSed under linux), you still have to know what you're doing, at least approximately.
cuthbert19 is offline   Reply With Quote