View Single Post
Old 06-14-2007, 02:48 PM   #14
jharker
Developer
jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: iRex iLiad v1, Blackberry Tour, Kindle DX, iPad.
Hi, all, glad you're enjoying it!

The only significant difference between the iRex ipdf and this one is the processor speed, 400Mhz vs. 100 Mhz. In all other cases, the differences are mostly minor and related to the input keys or screen rendering size, really very minor stuff.

So there should be no problems except as related to the processor speed.

I do recall iRex saying that one reason they haven't added processor scaling is that a couple of the kernel drivers are unstable at lower CPU speeds. So if you're having intermittent problems, that's probably why.

Rincewind (and I) had no reason not to do CPU throttling, since we're not liable for system stability. But of course, iRex has to have any stability problems fixed before THEY can release it. So I imagine it'll take a while to make those kernel drivers happy again...

jharker is offline   Reply With Quote