View Single Post
Old 08-29-2009, 09:32 AM   #4
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tfarrell View Post
I'm also unclear on what you mean by the iphone end being set correctly. Stanza handles that on its own, and both of us have iphones with Stanza, and neither of them showed the server.
Unless there is some new facility in Calibre, then this is not the case. You need to add the calibre server as a new online catalog at the Stanza end on the iPhone.

Quote:
Incidentally, I should add that Stanza Desktop worked fine to serve books from the same MacOS X box to both of our iphones, so it can not be the case that my friend's network is incapable of dealing with a stanza server, or that it doesn't route between devices. The problem has to be something to do with Calibre or our installation thereof in some way.
As mentioned above, I am not saying that there is any problem with the wifi network - just that you should not expect to automatically see the Calibre server at the Stanza end.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote