Thread: Tybee Island
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2009, 10:18 AM   #1
Taylor514ce
Actively passive.
Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505/LC
Tybee Island

I've given myself an evening off, so drove from Bluffton, South Carolina to Tybee Island. I wanted to see the ocean. The waves are wild, because another thunderstorm is here. So I've retreated to a seafood restaurant, and I'm having a beer while I watch lightning strike the water.

I feel profoundly alone, but not in a sad way. I sometimes feel like this after a lot of travel, like my body is waiting for my soul to catch up with it. San Diego, Chicago, Atlanta, Augusta, Savannah - a tired litany of airport lounges. I will be exhausted, sitting somewhere, and feel myself softly settle back into my bones.

I look around me at the strangers in their touristy beach outfits and fried fish platters, and I love them. Let the wind blow. I'm here, this is now, I'm alive and free.

Tourists and troubadours, road warriors and vagabonds, raise your beers with me. I am your brother.

the indigo afterimage
of the lightning's flash -
her subtle perfume
Taylor514ce is offline   Reply With Quote