View Single Post
Old 07-10-2009, 12:37 PM   #5
emellaich
Wizard
emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm>Ebookman>IPaq>Axim>Cybook>Kndl2>IPAD>Kndl3SO>Voyager>Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by ascherjim View Post
Anyway, my failed experience with the Adelaide titles seems to ALWAYS be the case, so I suggest that you just download from their site any title you want and see what the problem is and hopefully rectify it. Again, many thanks, and regards, Jim
Ascherjm,

If I may offer a hint for you.

You have asked Kovidgoyal to download from their site any book and see what happens. Unfortunately, we all have him running around like crazy trying to add special requests and fixes for each of us - all out of his own time. From your description, I can see that you know how much of a hassle it is to go through 'a few extra steps' of a work around of downloading from Gutenberg and editing the book to what you want. Likewise, asking him to find adelaide, figure out their search system and download a book in order to do you a favor raises the bar on his task. Imagine the horror if he downloads the one book that doesn't have your problem [grin]. And all of this for free since Calibre is free software.

Now, I'm probably guilty of mind-reading and putting words in his mouth. However, you could probably get better response if you would do the work for him to find a book and post it directly here for him. Then he could concentrate in the programming that he does so well instead of the fetch and carry work!
emellaich is offline   Reply With Quote