Thread: How to clean up
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2013, 11:18 PM   #7
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pb117 View Post
Duh of course. Told you I was a noob. Thanks.
Still would like to be able to clean up all the extraneous stuff however. Give you specifics: I've downloaded one book and three episodes of a TV series. Yet a readout on Windows File Manager shows just 10.6 gigs out of 27 still available. Huh? What's taking up all that space? Does that include the O/S or is it just the content? sorry if I'm using the wrong terms but I think the question is still clear.
The Kindle OS takes less than 600MB. That's with all the little apps it comes with (Kindle reader, Quickoffice, Silk, etc).

These days TV episodes are like 500MB each. Up to like 1GB when it's the HD version.

Now if you delete the system apps, it won't really help since they user internal space and not the SD card. However, they won't sit in memory.

And I recommend you just freeze them. It just makes them not be able to be opened and doesn't remove them from the system. Kinda like the "disabled feature".

But you'd still need to root to do that.
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote