View Single Post
Old 09-15-2012, 01:20 AM   #5
whitearrow
Guru
whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by frahse View Post
Same day, or any other day shipping isn't worth paying tax usually.

Seems like Amazon is going the way of the stores they were so successful beating in the marketplace.
... I don't get it. If you get free shipping, especially free one or two day shipping, and you can buy something online and know that it's in stock and read reviews and the prices are competitive... Amazon's going to go out of business? Because they have to collect the exact same sales taxes that B&M stores have to collect?

I would definitely prefer to order something online and know that I'll get it in one or two days, than drive all around town or try to get someone on the phone in a store who knows what they're talking about to make sure it's in stock. And then driving, parking, and schlepping around often huge stores in the hope that what I was told on the phone is actually correct.

I prefer the larger selections online, the choice to buy some items used, the chance to use subscribe 'n save and have things like razor blades and vitamins delivered automatically. If I could buy milk and lettuce from Amazon, you can believe I'd do that too. Sales tax is an entirely minor factor in all but the highest-end purchases.
whitearrow is offline   Reply With Quote