View Single Post
Old 05-26-2008, 04:02 PM   #7
f00l
aka bad typist
f00l can program the VCR without an owner's manual.f00l can program the VCR without an owner's manual.f00l can program the VCR without an owner's manual.f00l can program the VCR without an owner's manual.f00l can program the VCR without an owner's manual.f00l can program the VCR without an owner's manual.f00l can program the VCR without an owner's manual.f00l can program the VCR without an owner's manual.f00l can program the VCR without an owner's manual.f00l can program the VCR without an owner's manual.f00l can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Oasis, iphones, android, old kindles, fire phoned
Kindles, Ipods, Tivos, PC's, Slingboxes, Xbox's, etc

Ok, we've gone a long way toward madness. Or something.

I don't own a gaming system. Yet. As for the Tivo, Slingbox, etc: I bought two Tivo's when they first appeared, still have them. (13 hours recording time, woo-hoo!) I used them constantly then, but now have the "I'll watch the DVD on my PC" attitude toward all movies and television. I never get around to watching them. Even The Sopranos can wait, if one's other fixations are calling.

Thus I'll been able to instead become addicted to Sirius, my Ipod, and my home network. Don't have an E-reader yet.

I don't know the names of my next-door neighbors. If a friend plans a party, everyone sort of sighs that they have to go, even tho they're happy to have left the house in the end. We've culturally taken a giant step toward.....what?

Is this good? Do we care? <<Not really, perhaps?>>
f00l is offline   Reply With Quote