View Single Post
Old 10-30-2011, 12:17 PM   #41
Traye
Zealot
Traye might easily be mistaken for a TexanTraye might easily be mistaken for a TexanTraye might easily be mistaken for a TexanTraye might easily be mistaken for a TexanTraye might easily be mistaken for a TexanTraye might easily be mistaken for a TexanTraye might easily be mistaken for a TexanTraye might easily be mistaken for a TexanTraye might easily be mistaken for a TexanTraye might easily be mistaken for a TexanTraye might easily be mistaken for a Texan

Device: Kindle, Sony PRS505, Ipod touch, iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by replica145 View Post
You can skim a lot of the footnotes; since the book mimes an academic work in some sections they're often entirely technical and have no relevance to the plot(s). Other times they are a sort of diary of a madman, so they are intentionally obscure. I read them all the first time through and on subsequent reads skim what I know to be superfluous.

It's not as dense as it looks -- some of it is just gimmicks honestly -- but I can't recommend it enough. I hope you give a try soon
Thanks for replying about the footnotes. I think they are the part that daunts me most.
I don't mind footnotes as such, but when they're huge ( A la Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell ) I find it hard to concentrate on them.

I'll move it up my reading stack and give it a try soon.
Traye is offline   Reply With Quote