View Single Post
Old 04-12-2011, 07:43 PM   #15
kranu
I <3 my Kindle
kranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensions

Device: Kindle 3G + WiFi
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomass View Post
As you said, I just enter in the password and let the Kindle auto detect the information. no need to any manual configuration. (but after that, to use ssh in a quick way I set My Kindle a static IP configuration. It also worked.)

let me ask you:
1) what is your wifi card(which you want to use as a router)? does it seem supported on: http://virtualrouter.codeplex.com/wi...=Documentation
for example mine is an Atheros5007EG, and seems supported on that site.(thanks God!..)
2) your OS? is it windows 7?
3) did you set an connected adaptor as shared? (settings on "share" tab...)
4)Does it says at the bottom of virtual router screen that "virtual router started" ?

It should work if things above is OK....
However from your previous posts, it seems that you have no problems with that. Could you try to connect any other device? laptop,mobile etc..
1) I'm not sure what my WiFi card is. I know it is Ralink, but I have no idea what model number it is. Under device manager, it simply shows up as "802.11n Wireless LAN Card". Is there a software to determine the model number?
2) Yes, I have Windows 7 x64
3) Yes, I set my LAN (my desktop is wired) to be shared
4) Yes, it started fine. The "start Virtual Router" button turned to "stop Virtual Router" when I started it.

I will try connecting with my laptop once I retrieve the power cord.
kranu is offline   Reply With Quote